Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas crafts

Each year the girls do crafts for their Grandparents and Aunts & Uncles. This year I struggled with ideas for Syrah as I don't want to duplicate anything Sadie has done in the past. So, I came up with a great idea that turned into a huge flop! I had all ready purchased many of the items needed and since we are on a budget I didn't want them to go to waste. I finally thought of a way to use most of what we had purchased and found a craft that also taught a lesson.


Here you can see the front idea of the craft. The Christmas tree is stitched on a piece of card stock paper and then glued to either a backing or to a card (we only made one card). You can find the Christmas tree template at the site Skip to My Lou (one of my favorite crafting sites)!


The idea is to make them into cards - similar to what Syrah did for Valentine's Day. However, I had purchased all these charms and beads and intended to use them in the first craft, so we attached them to strings and glued them between the two card stocks to make an ornament.


On the back we placed this card which explains the meaning behind each charm, bead and the evergreen tree.


Syrah did a great job working on these (99.9% all her own work) and it was fun to go from something that didn't work to finding a solution that did!

No comments: