1. still in love with the movie dolphin tale and went to see the Help with Billy yesterday; although it wasn't the same as the book, they did a good job and I am left speechless!! What movies have captured you this year?
2. school has been in for two weeks now... everyone is exhausted today; I took a 3hr nap, Sadie is still napping and Syrah has been resting with a book ever since we got home from church!
3. amazed at how my "regular" drink at starbucks has never grown old and how it still a comfort to me. is that odd?
4. my laptop is dying a slow and painful death. i can't say i am too sad about it though; vista and i have been fighting a lot lately (ghost files, excel conflicts, print dysfunction)... when this one goes we will never have vista again!
5. have to thank my husband for pushing me to get a driod. i hate admitting he is right about electronics. i have found some very cool apps including fooducate which scans bar codes and tells your their ACTUAL food ratings (you would be surprised how many fail - even the "healthy" ones). It has really motivated all of us to change our eating habits. Last night Syrah and I cut up fresh fruit for about an hour... plums, pineapple, nectarines and more. Nice to have them all ready in the fridge for lunches and snacks.
6. Been doing an amazing study and a lot of time in the word lastly... each week (maybe bi-weekly if the Lord keeps things on my heart) I am going to be working on something specific. Last week was Not to whine and whimper over things I have no control over. This week Giving my best response when I am pushed beyond my limits.
Monday, September 5, 2011
Syrah played in her first ever soccer tournament this weekend (5 games in 2 days). They came in second place out of six + teams (we know there were at least six teams, but not positive on how many). This is an amazing shot of Syrah taking a penalty kick (and scored)! Her team did an amazing job and I saw one of the most intense games ever yesterday!