Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Things I have googled this week...

I saw on another persons blog the title "Things I have google this week" and I thought, what a fun idea; so here I go:

Garage sale prices - we are having a garage sale this weekend with some friends and pricing can be so taxing, so I googled it to get suggestions!

modern day Christan persecution - I had seen a glimpse somewhere that three or four Christians had been be-headed and the thought just haunted me. Through googling I got the entire story: http://www.bosnewslife.com/8606-somalia-islamic-militants-behead-four-christian-orphanage-workers and found the site: http://www.persecution.org/suffering/index.php - I can hardly imagine this in current day; it sadness me and makes my heart heavy... I have so much more to say, but so few words come clearly to mind. Pray!

sewing table cloths - I have two sewing machines that sadly have done nothing but collect dust; both had a "clog" in them that I could not muster the patience to fix. Luckily, Sadie came to the rescue and fixed them both!!! Now that they are working a friend and I were thinking we might have a project day sometime and make table clothes. I have a few other ideas too which I am excited about!

lyrics to Speak O Lord - this song was part of our worship at Church on Sunday and the words just rang in my ears over and over and over... I have listed the lyrics and a link to the song should you want to hear it. It is an amazing song and also is serving to me as a daily prayer right now!

Speak, O Lord, as we come to You,
To receive the food of Your holy word.
Take Your truth, plant it deep in us;
Shape and fashion us in Your likeness,

That the light of Christ might be seen today,
In our acts of love and our deeds of faith.
Speak, O Lord, and fulfill in us all your purposes,
For Your glory.

Teach us Lord full obedience,
Holy reverence, true humility.
Test our thoughts and our attitudes,
In the radiance of Your purity.
Cause our faith to rise,

Cause our eyes to see,
Your majestic love and authority.
Words of power that can never fail;
Let their truth prevail over unbelief.

Speak, O Lord, and renew our minds;
Help us grasp the heights of Your plans for us.
Truths unchanged from the dawn of time,
That will echo down through eternity.

And by grace we’ll stand on Your promises;
And by faith we’ll walk as You walk with us.
Speak, O Lord, till Your church is built,
And the earth is filled with Your glory.

how to keep cat from digging indoor plants - I think the google search explains the problem. Ultimately, the things we have tried have not worked, so the plant is sitting in the garage. Any suggestions??? (we changed the soil, used cayenne pepper, used bitter apple spray)

No comments: